Q and A
For all questions and information, please contact:
Unfortunately, due to the current situation, you can reach the Festwochen Service only via email at the moment - thank you very much for your understanding!
Festival Opening Ceremony on Rathausplatz
- Do I need any kind of ticket for the festival opening ceremony on Rathausplatz?
No, admission is free for all.
- Is there a special area for wheelchairs at the festival opening ceremony on Rathausplatz?
A special section is reserved for wheelchairs and persons with walking impediments.
- When will I find out which dress rehearsal I’m invited to?
Dress rehearsals are often the first public moment of what can sometimes be a rather intimate artistic process. They are scheduled first and foremost for début performances and world premieres as well as pieces which, for their staging at the Wiener Festwochen, require a more elaborate stage adaptation or special co-ordination of their technical and content-related aspects. In principle it is up to each artistic team to decide whether or not to allow an audience to sit in on a dress rehearsal. Experience shows that such decisions are often taken at relatively short notice, i.e. just a few weeks before the scheduled date. We will notify you immediately once the date has been confirmed.
- What happens if I can’t go to the dress rehearsal or if I’ve already bought tickets for that particular production?
We will do our best to offer you a different dress rehearsal or equivalent.
- What is a Clubtalk with the Artistic Director?
The Clubtalk is a format that, towards the end of the Wiener Festwochen, invites you to share what you have seen and experienced during the festival with Christophe Slagmuylder and the Wiener Festwochen team.
- How long is the Festwochen Clubticket valid?
The Festwochen Clubticket is valid until 31 December 2020.
- What is the Clubticket Code?
You’ll find your Clubticket Code on your Festwochen Clubticket. It consists of a combination of letters and digits (e.g. JK123) without any spaces between the letters and/or the digits. You need to indicate your Festwochen Clubticket Code whenever you purchase admission tickets.
- What if I don’t yet have a Clubticket Code?
When you order your tickets using the order form, you have the option of ordering your Festwochen Clubticket and your admission tickets at the same time. The discount will then be applied when we process your order. As soon as you have your Festwochen Clubticket, and therefore your Code, simply enter it in the appropriate field when placing your follow-up orders.
- How do I get my Clubticket Code if I’m buying my Festwochen Clubticket online from the web shop?
First, purchase your Festwochen Clubticket as a print@home ticket. Your Clubticket Code will be specified in your print@home confirmation email. After that, for each production, you will have the option of clicking the item ‘Festwochen Clubticket’ under ‘Select benefits’ and of entering your Clubticket Code in the ‘Promotion Code’ field. ‘Festwochen Clubticket’ will then appear and be bookable for any category.
- Who should I contact if I have questions about the Festwochen Clubticket?
- Who should I notify if my contact details change (address, phone, email)?
Please email the Festwochen Information Service at email@example.com
- May I choose specific seats when ordering tickets in writing?
You can specify your seats by using the comment field, we will try to meet your requests.
- Do I have to pay extra charges when ordering tickets by phone and paying with credit card?
No, the price charged is only that of the ticket.
- If tickets for a performance are no longer available online, does this mean the performance is sold out?
Tickets for the same evening may be ordered online no later than 4pm.
For up-to-date information on the availability of tickets on the performance day, please contact the Festwochen Service at +43 1 589 22 22.
- Is there a waiting list for sold out performances?
You may contact the Festwochen Service at +43 1 589 22 22 to state your ticket request for particularly sought-after performances.
The waiting list of the Festwochen Service will not be considered at the evening box offices. With the opening of the evening box office, a new waiting list will be created at the respective venue (only one name can be added to the list per person, and only one ticket issued per name; pre-booking is not possible.).
- If a performance is sold out, is there still a possibility to get a ticket at the evening box office?
In case of sold out performances, there is always a possibility to get some remaining tickets at the evening box office. Shortly before the beginning of the performance, tickets booked but unused (i.e. press or cast members’ tickets, etc.) are sold to the general public.
A waiting list is compiled at the moment of opening the evening box office (one hour prior to the performance). Remaining tickets are sold from 15minutes prior to the performance in keeping with the order of names on the waiting list. Only one name can be added to the list per person, and only one ticket issued per name; pre-booking is not possible.
- May I buy tickets for other venues (Vienna State Opera, Vienna Boys’ Choir, ...) from the Wiener Festwochen?
No, we exclusively sell tickets for events offered at our booking form respectively in our webshop.
- May I return tickets?
Tickets already purchased and paid for may only be exchanged for tickets (if available) for other events of the Wiener Festwochen until no later than one week before the date of the performance. In case of sold out performances, tickets may be returned on a case-to-case basis.
Dress and Final Rehearsals
- Are dress and final rehearsals for performances accessible to the general public?
Up-to-date information on rehearsals accessible to the general public is published on the Internet or may be obtained from the Festwochen Service +43 1 589 22 22.
- May I purchase performance programmes in advance?
No, programmes are only available at the venue of the specific event before the beginning of the performance.
- What happens if I am too late for the performance?
Please note that - depending on the production in question - you may not be admitted to the auditorium if you arrive late.