At first a chaotic mix somewhere between “Kirtag” and street fair, the individual scenes/actions will reveal their hidden meaning during the course of the play as part of a bigger picture.
With few exceptions, no theatre experience is requested.
More important: theatre enthusiasm, reliability, enjoyment in acting on stage in a group.
We look for:
• (1) Lady between the ages of 60 and 80: she’ll make soap bubbles with a bubble maker and will be kicking a punching ball. Only person who will have to speak a text. Acting experience of advantage.
• (1) Young girl between the ages of approx. 8 and 12
• (1) Chess master between the ages of 50 and 70 who can play chess very well and also fast. He’ll play against three opponents at the same time. Acting experience required. Please wear a shirt and jacket to the casting.
• (3) Men between the ages of 20 and 40 who know how to play chess. All 3 of them will play against the chess master simultaneously. Please wear a shirt and jacket to the casting.
• (1) Man between the ages of 60 and 75, academic/professorial look. He’ll write down notes and comments on a piece of paper, throw it away, begin again, etc. Acting experience required.
• (3) Men between the ages of 20 and 40 with the ability to draw well.
• (1) Patient, tall man (at least 185 cm/6 ft.) who has to be focused in order to build a 150 cm high tower of wooden blocks.
• (1) Skateboarder (male) between the ages of 20 and 45 who skates among the audience. Please bring your own skateboard to the casting.
• (1) Acrobat (male) who can do a backflip without taking a run and other acrobatic tricks.
• (1) Tenor saxophonist who can also skate (or is willing to learn skateboarding). Please bring your own saxophone and skateboard to the casting.
• (1) Cartoonist (male) who can draw fast. He’ll produce 15 cartoons during the performance.
• (3) Men playing a shell game: one player (preferably poker faced) and two accomplices.
• (1) Man with good aim who’ll play/shoot with a tennis ball machine.
• (2) Patient men who like to play balance games with ping-pong balls
• (2) Men who can kick a ball and aim well.
- More information & registration for the audition
If you are interested please contact Lenneke Willemsen for more information: email@example.com
Please send your contact details (email and phone number), a full-body-photograph and a short description of yourself + why you want to join us with which activity.
The participants of the piece will be employed by Wiener Festwochen. Detailed information will be provided by Lenneke Willemsen.
Registration please until 10th November
Please click here to download pdf.